Thursday, 31 December 2015

journal journey 2016 new zealand


 
 
Right, so the above pic is my album for 2016...its a small one from a class by Limor Webber who gave us these canson jounals ... so I decided to use up the rest of it in the nz journey and have it filled up with others art pieces.
Ive covered the brown covers with some gelli prints in my fav colours.
 
The pink page is one ive done as an intro to the journal journey. Again using gelli prints and punched out with a 2inch circle punch. Fun and easy...esp when inspiration is long gone!!!!

Sunday, 27 September 2015

I thought I could



Layout done for Dusty Attic challenge Sept.
I chose to use the blues and tans with Xaviers blush pink cheeks!!
I have used the lovely words "live beautifully" the cool flowers "Flower buds" and part of the inner frame  from "garden tile frame med".
I like it -  its very simple and clean, leaving the photo as the focus.
Found this photo on the disc after a winter holiday to the south island to see snow!!



Friday, 12 June 2015

Maja inchie mixed media canvas

 
6x6 thick canvas, previously covered with a napkin with coffee beans image.
I gesso 'd then sprayed with blues and browns in the dylusions also Tim Holtz blue ink pads.
Still didn't like the look so swiped with fingers in a beige paint ...finally...it looked ok.
Then postioned the tiles to estimate where to add paste with the stencil (accounts from 1915)
The chipboard tiles are Dusty Attic negitives from the "Garden tile Frame".
I have also used mini chippies from D/A...angel wings and crowns.
The papers are from Maja Design, keys are old 7 gypsies, and charms, prima and bobunny.
edged with Tim Holtz pumice ink pad.
This just might make it too my wall!!


Wonderful




Mixed media canvas 12x12. Using the mood board for June from Dusty Attic..green mints and red pinks. So I glued down some lime tissue with white dots and painted mint paint over the top and blotted with a wet wipe.
when dry applied modelling paste with the harliquen stencil and also the small heart stencil with love postage paste onto the corners.
Painted the chippies white and then embossed with white powder all the pieces. Ive used the large funky trees and large string frame. A small bit of chicken wire and the word "wonderful" from the word pack #9.
Made some rolled dictionary paper flowers and glued them to the larger petals and sprayed with glimmer mist from tattered angels in red and pomegranate.
The cheese cloth was a left over painted pink piece so sprayed that too with the glimmer mists..
Added a few ripped pieces to the right in a manila colour.
Hope you like it.


Friday, 29 May 2015

Art journal page for June

 
 
 
June page for Secret Journal Swap NZ
I have been playing with the idea of black paint as a background. I Also have been looking at painting something from the layered background behind.  SSOOOOOO....
I had fun splotching on paint in funky colours and then black paint large alphas and anything else I felt like adding to the page.
The theme was "let your imagination go wild".
I outlined the words and coloured in around with black paint. I then drew an outline on another piece of paper of the picture I wanted to use and then free handed with the black paint to outline the pic.
I then collaged some floweres and huge glasses and eyes and lips.
I actually was not feeling this page at all and was going to  do another page but then all of a sudden it started looking terrific...I think I achieved the theme!! So pleased with it.
 


Fairy Window Box featuring Dusty Attic products

 
This is the larger shadow box from Dusty Attic covered with dictionary papers sprayed with the blue and lime dylusions sprays . D/A birch trees? mini is gessoed and glued to back of box. Then using crafty secrets fairy stamp set, I stamped onto a piece of acetate that was wider that the recess, so when I put it in I curved it creating a 3d effect. Attached with glue are the lime butterflys for xtra dimension.
added on the outside are the funky circle flowers from Dusty attic.
before that though I inserted the surround from the window off the layered canvas into the gap and added a bit of corrugated cardboard and quote from dylusions stamp set.
kept it simple to enable the onlooker to see whats inside the window and connect the picture to the words.

layered canvas




Had fun putting this together ...originally started with the Dusty Attic small shadow box then added D/A wings covered them in mica flakes from finnabar products. Then decided to add a magazine head and arms and crown followed. An old swap was put to good use...the dangling altered teaspoon...attached to a metal arrow.
THEN
I thought id stick it all onto a background of cardboard which is glued to a canvas approx. 10x4 inc.
lots of dylusion sprays used mainly blue and lime. gesso bubbled wrap and stencils. copper paint rubbed around the edges. Words are also dylusions stamps. Mica beads glued to the crown too.